Really liking the look of the dyed seersucker silk ripped into slender ribbons. These were dyed in the water with soaking black beans. And I love this 'donut' component ... only made these five ... will definitely make more. Still not sure what I'm going to do for a closure.
This piece feels effortless ...
This one not so much ...
Again, I love the components. But the silk I'm using for the wrap is too stiff, making the whole piece very stiff. Since I'm so in love with the other silk, I made a blitz trip down to the fabric store ... our house is really conveniently located ... fine fabrics a mile and a half one way, AC Moore and Hancocks a mile the other way - very handy. I came straight home, chucked the silk into the wash and then tore off some to dye.
I've got three dye pots going. One with just walnuts. That one has silk and a small test piece of the Ukrainian linen. Another one has two small bundles - one rolled up with yellow onion skins, the other with red onion skins - both wrapped with bailing wire. I dropped one walnut in for just a bit - didn't want any white showing. The third pot is a mason jar where I'm soaking black beans with silk at the bottom.
So all those pots are simmering and soaking while I'm working out the logistical details of this piece. I like all the elements - the silver links, pearls and crystals, the color palette - just not the assembly.
Back to it for this little peep.
stay tuned .......
l i g a - kvk
p.s. Dave doesn't much care for the smell of simmering walnuts ... a bit too earthy for him ... I rather like it