Hmmmm, maybe it should be call to, I don't know - gratitude or human kindness or equanimity. Jonathan Field's current post examines this and it's an ongoing challenge for me and a lot of people I know ... how to operate a forward thinking, successful and heart based business in this world where the mean-spirited and underhanded is celebrated and emulated and held up to be the standard mode of operation.
I had lunch with the Thorntons today, Cynthia and Andrew, and of course we got around to talking business. We've all been in the biz for a good while and got to swapping a few horror stories. Lord mercy, the things we've seen. Those stories got me to thinking - Why does it seem like the trend is towards the dark side? That Darth Vadar has the upper hand and Obi Wan and Yoda are struggling. Am I wrong or missing something? Now, I have no delusions that the world will ever be all good or all bad. I guess my main hope is that we might find our way to some kind of balance, no not balance. I'd like to see it weighted towards the light, towards that equanimity.
So here's the challenge ...
- How can we shift the balance from dark to light?
- Anyone have suggestions for new paths to blaze in the world of heart centered business?
- Anyone have ideas for subversive techniques? For instance, I think the proliferation of yoga classes is an excellent subversive technique. A good, solid yoga practice first changes you physically, but it ever so slowly changes you emotionally and spiritually ... very very sneaky that way.
- How do you stay focused, awake and aware?
- How do you avoid the intoxicating and alluring world of gossip and reality TV or would-be snarky friends - you know those black-hole people that live in a dreadful mean vacuum and want to suck you down with them?
- Can we be straightforward in our approach or does it call for being sneaky? Hmmm, probably a combination.
Inquiring minds (me in particular) want to know!
I firmly believe in and make every effort to operate from a place of deep love and gratitude. That's what I want to share, that's what I want people to feel about my work, that's really the only reason to do anything - spread the light.
One more thought - viral gratitude?
Wanna join the party? Yeah, buddy - jump in ... the water's grand!
with deep gratitude and multitudes of blessings - kvk
p.s. don't forget - these guys are doing it - the Daily Good: News that Inspires
p.p.s. thanks to Cynthia and Andrew for the exceptional meal and inspiring conversation